Unique toddler calming classes for parents of 1 to 4 year olds. ToddlerCalm help parents to cope with toddler tantrums, picky eating and sleep problems.
Our toddler parenting classes enable parents to understand their toddler's world and in turn how to avoid tantrums and cope with unwanted toddler behaviour - whilst encouraging more sleep for the whole family.
Toddlers can be a real challenge; from tantrums to picky eating, clingy behaviour to sleep problems. Most toddler books and television programmes, such as Supernanny, only offer strict behavioural techniques such as 'time out' and 'naughty steps' which often make both parents and toddlers even more stressed. Other toddler behavioural solutions rely on the use of toddler star charts or potty training reward charts which provide short term help at best. ToddlerCalm™ provides real help for life with the 'terrible twos'. We offer nationwide toddler classes and workshops, suitable for all parents of toddlers aged between 1 and 4 years old.
We do all of this without the use of 'Time Out', reward charts and 'Naughty Steps'. Through focussing on the science of the toddler year, including brain development, our toddler parenting classes and toddler sleep workshops help parents to avoid tantrums and aid restful sleep; turning tantruming toddlers and stressed parents into calmer toddlers and happier parents.
1) The ToddlerCalming Workshop
A 3 hour workshop that enables you to understand your toddler's brain development and shows you ways to avoid and handle most difficult toddler behaviour. We will look at the science of tantrums and how to encourage your toddler to grow into a kind, thoughtful and independent child. As well as this we address concerns around the arrival of a new sibling, biting, hitting, throwing, eating and potty training as well as helping parents to prepare in advance for the toddler years. We promise that you will find this introductory workshop truly refreshing and eye opening!
You will also learn:
- How to stop toddler biting
- How to stop toddler hitting
- How to encourage your toddler to share
- How to introduce a new sibling to your toddler
- How to encourage your toddler to listen to you
- How to stop toddler whining
- How to and encourage your 'terrible twos' to be more 'terrific twos'!
Suitable for all parents of all 1 to 4 year olds. This workshop can also be taken in advance of the toddler years, helping you to learn the skills of toddler calming whilst your little one is still a baby!
2) The Toddler Sleep Workshop
A 3 hour workshop to help you to make sense of your toddler's sleep patterns and understand how to change them.
You will learn:
- How to understand and deal with frequent night waking
- What night terrors are and how to deal with them
- How to cope with early morning waking.
- How to encourage your toddler to sleep in their own bed
- Build confidence in your night time parenting skills.
Suitable for all parents of 1 to 4 year olds.
3) The ToddlerCalm™ Parenting Course
A 4 week toddler parenting course suitable for all parents of a 1 to 4 year olds that teaches parents how to understand and cope with most toddler behaviour. This course is in much more depth than both workshops above and considers most toddler behaviour including specifics on toddler sleep and eating and suggestions for play activities.
You will learn:
- How to deal with picky eating
- How to cope with frequent night wakings
- How to avoid tantrums
- How to deal with a toddler tantrum
- How to stop your toddler biting
- How to stop toddlers hitting
- How to help your toddler to cope with a new baby
- Ways to use free play effectively
- Why naughty steps, time our and reward charts are not the best toddler behavioural tools
- Why praise can sometimes be negative
- How to raise a happy and confident child.
Suitable for all parents of 1 to 4 year olds.
1. How much does a ToddlerCalm™ class cost?
Charges vary depending on country. Please contact your local teacher for prices of your local classes.
Course fees include comprehensive course notes. The 8 hour course also includes a free ToddlerCalm™ Toddler Calming CD.
2. Where are ToddlerCalm™ courses held?
ToddlerCalm™ teachers hold courses in ten different countries. Find your nearest classes HERE.
We are frequently asked to teach groups of antenatal class friends; perhaps you could set up your own group? In this instance many of our teachers will reward you with a discount!
3. How do I book a course?
Please contact your nearest teacher directly to book your ToddlerCalm™ classes or workshop, details can be found here.
4. Can I bring my child to a ToddlerCalm™ course or workshop?
This is left to the discretion of your individual teacher; though we do recommend you find alternative childcare arrangements if at all possible as the course material can be quite complex and we cover a lot, particularly in the 3hr workshops, which requires your full attention. Also some parents decide they would rather not bring their toddler along to a session where they will be spoken about; you never know when little ears are listening!
5. I really do not like the idea of toddler training methods that involve strict routines, reward charts, time outs and naughty steps, is ToddlerCalm™ the course for me?
Rest assured we dislike these methods too! We promise to never teach you to leave your child in time out or on a naughty step; similarly we do not advocate the use of star and reward charts. Our ethos is completely different to most other toddler experts such as Gina Ford, and Supernanny Jo Frost.
6. Is it possible to hold a private ToddlerCalm™ Course or workshop?
Yes, many teachers are happy to do this. This option will however include an extra charge; but many of our parents believe this option is extremely worthwhile particularly if they are really struggling with a master tantrum throwing toddler and sleep deprivation! Please do contact your local teacher for their individual private class and workshop fees.
7. How do I know it will work?
All of the concepts discussed in ToddlerCalm™ classes and workshops are rooted in psychological research and current physiological understanding. We seek to back up everything we teach with appropriate scientific research and can make any of the appropriate references available to you upon request. Add to this we have an impressive list of happy parents who are testimony to our classes, again we will be happy to pass on their comments, and in some cases contact details, should you wish.
8. Do you offer refunds if I miss a class?
No. As we are unable to offer your missed class to anyone else; although we will be pleased to offer you the chance to attend the session you have missed on a subsequent group course for free of charge.
9. Are ToddlerCalm™ classes just for mums?
No – definitely not! We welcome both mums and dads (and grandparents!) on all of our classes and workshops as we understand the importance of both parents attending to learn a new way of parenting their child. This doesn't mean that single parents or parents attending alone aren't welcome though, we aim to include everyone!
10. Do you have a book I can read to learn more about your methods?
The ToddlerCalm™ book "ToddlerCalm: A Guide for Calmer Toddlers and Happier Parents" can be ordered HERE
11. How is ToddlerCalm™ different from other child behavioural management courses?
The ToddlerCalm™ Difference: ToddlerCalm™ is an entirely unique concept, born out of years of research and learning from parents and toddlers with the aim of supporting families through the first three years of life and beyond, gently. Our teachers are all mothers who have experienced parenting a toddler themselves. We are not aware of any other organisation in the world offering what we do.
Are you pregnant? Or do you have a newborn baby? Let us introduce you to our sister company - BabyCalmTM
BabyCalmTM help parents to understand and calm their baby's crying, sooth colic and help the whole family to get more sleep.
To learn more about BabyCalm's classes and workshop click HERE or on the logo below.
Have you attended a ToddlerCalm Class or Workshop?